Jeff

Default Plans needed: Ugly garage shelves

I wrote 'bolted', I should have said 'attached.' I was in the same
situation, helping my father build some shelves for his storage
locker. He had the plywood sliced in half lengthwise at the BORG
(then only a cordless drill was required to put the thing together)
and we used some strapping to attach the shelving unit to a support
beam. An alternative would be a diagonal brace across the back if it
is to be freestanding - to keep it from becoming a parallelogram...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message ...
"Jeff" wrote in message
om...
The cost surprised me a little bit as well, but it ended up being
worthwhile. The shelving unit is sturdy (once bolted to the wall) and
not really that ugly...

I probably should've mentioned that I can't bolt mine to the wall. It's
going to live in one of those self-storage garages. I'll just load the
heaviest stuff onto the bottom shelves. And, I thought maybe I'd add a 2x4
to the bottom of each side, extending 1' or so toward the wall, and stick
either sandbags or cinder blocks on them.