Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB LouB is offline

Default Broken icemaker in my refrig

Joe wrote:
On May 13, 9:30 pm, "CGB" wrote:
I have a GE refrig that has an icemaker. For some time now I've had
probems. The water seems to leak down into the freezer compartment rather
than into the cube-sized freezer unit. I get ice in the recepticle tray,
i.e. frozen chunks in the container and ice in the rest of the freezer unit.
My guess is that this is a common problem but I don't know and don't know
what I could do to fix it.

I thought I'd float this by the newsgroup before I called the local
appliance store to get a repair.....$50 to arrive, $65 per hour, etc. etc.

Anyone know of obvious problems I might address before bellying up to a big
repair bill?

Thanks.
Chet

Email repairclinic.com and consult with the folks there about getting
ahead of the problem. IIRC, the ice makers are fairly repairable and
you could save some $$ with a little help. Make sure you have some
decent small tools in good shape. Don't attempt a repair with a
rounded over Philips screwdriver and $2 Chinese socket set like too
many people keep in a kitchen drawer. HTH

Joe

At http://www.repairclinic.com/0001.asp