Posted to alt.home.repair
D J D J is offline

Default Gas Pipe Install Question - attaching to the wall studs - what isbest way?

Folks,

Sorry for not so smart question, but, I am getting confused and need
some good advise from pros who have done some work.

I am doing Gas pile in my house. I know all those things about risks
and other, so let us keep it aside. I am doing pressure test on every
bit.. to make sure no leaks and using right wrenches (12 inch and 18
inch for 1# pipe).

What I am a lil confused is, how to attach to the wall. Both HD and
lowes has ring type thing and also, brackets.. Is that what generally
is used? are they strong enough that with them in place and pie in
them, we can screw the connections securely? Only experience can teach
here, so don't want to end up making mistake and hence asking the
pros.. ..

thanks for the answer in advance...

BTW, the 1 inch pipe run in both horizontal (through attic) and
vertical (From attic to the utility room where my appliances are
located)

DJ