Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default question about kitchen wall cabinets - fixing to wall

benpost wrote:
they are the standard ones with a plastic thing that screws into the
top corners from the inside, and has 2 screws for adjustment. the
sticking out bit is right next to the side panels of the cabinet. my
question is, do you have to position the wall brackets exactly, so
that they will not get in the way when you adjust the cabinet position
back against the wall. ie level it up, bring the top into the wall
instead of sticking out. this seems strange to me as it would be
hanging the cabinets on the outside edge of the brackets.

if anyone know what im talking about please reply!

These are standard with most kitchen units, the plasitc fitting has a two
pronged 'claw' that hooks over the brackets. All the units I've fitted had
instructions with the right measurements & offsets. You have about 6mm
sideways play each side and about the same up & down.

Essentially they need to go just inside the side panels. Turn the adjusting
screws so that the claws protrude as much as possible, hook the cabinet over
the brackets, then turn the screws so its pulled back almost flush with the
wall. Use the other adjusting screw to level it, then finally pull it right
back to the wall.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk