Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - the fun and games of "upgrading" (computerwise)

SWomebody wrote:

I agree, but I want to keep running some of my Windows apps, and
Quicken
is the most important. Since I am still employed, my work
necessitates
things like

Acrobat (not just reader),
the Office suite,

All Mac

Quicken sucks.

I run a program that started life in C/PM then DOS 2.0.

Hasn't been updated since 1990.

Have a customer data base file with almost 900 records and 50 custom
fields.

Uses less than 250K.

The guy who wrote it knew how to write tight code.

64K of space will do that.

Check books are simply a modified database file.

Since my task hasn't changed, no need to update the software.

Lew