Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tapping the collective wisdom

http://www.ledtronics.com/

Good luck bud.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

steamer wrote:
--Low metal content but I'm searching for a widget for a project in
progress. It's a socket to mount an LED. I've found two sources: one surplus
that's dried up and the other retail that's *outrageously* expensive. Here's
a photo of the part: http://www.ddp-leds.com/Config.aspx?nProductsID=21
--I need a thousand of the one on the left; surplus that would cost
me $50 which is acceptable; retail they'd set me back $860 plus tax and
shipping!
--Has anyone got another source for these things surplus?
TIA,