Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] wpflumus@yahoo.com is offline

Default Can a hip roof be done in tin??

On May 12, 1:29*pm, wrote:
snip
They do it all the time in Florida, I am looking out my window at one.
In real life it isn't "tin", it's aluminum or galvanized steel but
that is whaty you are talking about. The metel gets put over a
waterproof membrane that actually does the "dry in" part. The metal
protects the membrane. (at least that is how our code reads) I suppose
some places might allow it directly over felt paper.

How are the ridges of the adjoining roof planes capped?? I just ask
because I can't seem to get a minds eye picture of how this could be
done.

Bill