Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Kunkel John Kunkel is offline

Default Strange Bedfellows

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 May 2008 11:02:01 -0700, "John Kunkel"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Barr announced his candidacy this morning.

A Libertarian and the only true conservative in the race.

Nope, just another run-of-the-mill Neocon. Compare his stance on major
issues to those of a real "true Conservative" like the late Barry
Goldwater.

Point them out for us, if you please.

Gunner

Well, a couple would be abortion and religion in politics, Goldwater stated
that neither has a place in politics while Barr has opposed abortion rights
and tried to impose his religious beliefs by legislation.

Goldwater on those issues:

a.. "I am a conservative Republican, but I believe in democracy and the
separation of church and state. The conservative movement is founded on the
simple tenet that people have the right to live life as they please as long
as they don't hurt anyone else in the process." (in a 1994 Washington Post
essay)

a.. "The religious factions will go on imposing their will on others,"

a.. "I don't have any respect for the Religious Right."

a.. "Every good Christian should line up and kick Jerry Falwell's ass."

a.. "A woman has a right to an abortion."