Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kate[_3_] Kate[_3_] is offline

Default Sawmill Creek banned this Picture

"Leon" wrote
Almost anything these days
can be seen as sexual harassment.
---

This, not directed at you personally Leon, is a topic that goes about a yard
up my ass.
As a gal who spent most of her adult life working around men, in shops and
hanging out with the guys I may have just grown a thick skin.
But I think all of this sexual harassment stuff is about 95% bullwash.

I remember working in one shop, when I was in my 20s, walking around a
corner and having one of the guys throw water on the front of my white
t-shirt.

There were several of them, and yea they all got a quick peek and a good
laugh. Rather than holler sexual harassment, I threatened him with revenge
that would have him singing tenor in the Vienna Boy's Choir. He quit, simple
as that. We were still buddies afterward.

Guys and gals used to be able to horse around, often what is now referred to
as sexual harassment was no more than flirting. Awkward at best, but
flirting just the same. You could tell a dirty joke, those were the best,
you could just be yourself for the most part and no one really thought much
of it. If they did, they handled it right there and then and it was over. If
not, you got your dad, brother, hubby or boyfriend to go have a talk with
the guy.

I just don't get it I suppose. Anytime I've ever had someone make advances
that were unwelcome, I just stared them in the eye and told them to knock it
off and they did.
..... of course, having always been around the boys, I was known to be a
pretty good shot too.

Now that I'm 50 and fat... I kinda miss a little sexual harassment now and
then ;ŹD

Kate