Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default French drain

No problem. The French drain is there to catch subgrade water
before it is on top of the floor. The assumption is that it is
coming in close to the walls - ain't necessarily so. Having the
gravel and pipe at the proper depth and headed to a sump is what
matters.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"capitol" wrote in message
om...

-------------------------------------

We hired a local construction company to install a french drain
and to
finish off our entire basement. Along one of the walls sits the
hot water
heater. They plan on moving it but not until the start the
actual
'finishing' of the basement. Anyway, they cut the concrete floor
and
installed the drain around the hot water heater, coming out
about three
feet. Should they have moved it then proceeded with the french
drain. Our
basement does get wet so I'm a bit concerned. The contractor
says its no
big deal.

Thanks.

Delivered via