Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default Sawmill Creek banned this Picture

"As I would not be a slave, neither would I be a master."

On Mon, 12 May 2008 19:38:04 +0000, LRod wrote:

On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:21:55 GMT, evodawg wrote:

LRod wrote:

On Mon, 12 May 2008 16:26:56 GMT, evodawg wrote:

I have found in my lifetime, that as a general rule, people who think of
things like this as dirty, are closet perverts themselves.

Always thought the same way. I looked at the moderator's web site that
banned the picture and he looked to be some Kentucky Hillbilly.

Which book burner,...er, moderator...banned it?

Dennis Peacock and this is what he wrote:
I feel that I need to remind everyone that this is a Family forum and adult
natured content will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Funny, I know Dennis. I never took him to be that conservative. And by
the way, I think he's an Arkansas hillbilly.

I've kind of gleaned from back channel discussions with other
disenfranchised that a lot of this seems to stem from Keith Outten,
the head cheese. Keith was the one who got the ball rolling as the
Pond was drying up along with his tech guy Aaron something-or-other.

Things weren't like that in 2003/04, I can assure you. One of the
original moderators was Ken Salisbury, recently deceased, and who I
also knew, and he was definitely even handed, keep out the
politics/religion/distasteful stuff (he was an Alabama hillbilly).
Frankly, he was the only moderator I remember seeing in those days.

As I got more heavily involved with WoodCentral, my time being divided
between there, the wreck, and SMC, I spent less time at SMC--probably
letting six months or more go by before taking a look, and eventually
even a year. I could see the personality had changed.

Then early this year Aaron decided to unilaterally change the color
scheme about a half hour before my annual visit. It might not have
been a big deal if it had been some reasonable colors, but it was
horrible, and the whole community was up in arms about it. There were
dozens of posts, virtually 100% of which were negative.

Aaron got on and said he wasn't impressed, that he had several private
emails supporting him. I posted something to the effect that such a
claim was a long discredited internet tactic to try and garner support
for a faulty or failed premise. I got a back channel email from
someone I have never heard of chastising me for calling Aaron a liar
and that he had deleted my post. I told him I didn't know who he was
and to buzz off.

I must have been put on a wanted poster, because a couple of days
later I made an informative post alerting folks to an article which
had recently been put up at WoodCentral which would have been of
interest to all. My post was deleted and when I tried to sign in, I
was blocked. Apparently in one of my semiannual hiati they had
implemented a policy of no links to other sites. WTF?!?

I've never been banned from anything in my life. But, I am actually
wearing my Scarlet B with honor, as it is utterly symbolic that if a
place chooses to ban me, it is clearly a place absolutely unworthy of
serious consideration for anything but childish power plays.

Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1