Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
alexy alexy is offline

Default Sawmill Creek banned this Picture

LRod wrote:

On Mon, 12 May 2008 14:46:26 -0400, alexy wrote:

What I would do:

snip
3) Based on the answers to 1 and 2, Either enjoy the forum as it's
offered (including restrictions the system operator or moderators on
his behalf may impose) or take my posting elsewhere.

Although your assessment may be reasonable, it's one thing knowing
what the limits are going in. Surprise attacks, are an entirely
different matter. It's too bad that you consider too much of WC to be
"off topic" (it's absolutely no worse than here and I see you're still
hanging around).

I think you may be confusing me with someone else. I have never
complained about off-topic content, either here or Wood Central.
Filters are a wonderful thing. In fact, I like the Wood Central
"library" of articles and of old Badger Pond content. My only
"complaint" about Wood Central is that I don't like the interface. I
find most (all?) web-based forums to be far inferior to usenet from a
pure user-interface standpoint. I find SMC annoying but tolerable in
that regard. I have chosen not to participate in WoodCentral for that
reason. Not a BFD; just my own personal choice, with which I am
comfortable and which I don't feel any need to promote to others. In
fact, I envy those who can stand the interface--they probably get good
content. I'll probably try it every so often to see if my tolerance
level has increased.

The graphic shown above wouldn't even have raised an
eyebrow over there. That is more important to me than any amount if
content.

Interesting. Whatever floats your boat.