Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
LRod[_2_] LRod[_2_] is offline

Default Sawmill Creek banned this Picture

On Mon, 12 May 2008 14:46:26 -0400, alexy wrote:

evodawg wrote:

Background: Someone in the off topic section of the forum asked to see a
snap shot of my Desktop because he was interested in loading Linux on his
computer. I wrote in the post that this might cause my membership to be
canceled because they might think it's to risque.

Well someone asked to see it so here it is. Let me know what you would do?

What I think:

Not particularly offensive.
Not particularly interesting.
Nothing worth censoring
Nothing worth getting upset about if it is censored.

What I would do:

1) Decide whether I like the on-topic content of the forum in question
(for me the answer would be "yes")
2) Decide whether their unwillingness to accept this graphic
outweighed the value of the content (for me the answer would be "no")
3) Based on the answers to 1 and 2, Either enjoy the forum as it's
offered (including restrictions the system operator or moderators on
his behalf may impose) or take my posting elsewhere.

Although your assessment may be reasonable, it's one thing knowing
what the limits are going in. Surprise attacks, are an entirely
different matter. It's too bad that you consider too much of WC to be
"off topic" (it's absolutely no worse than here and I see you're still
hanging around). The graphic shown above wouldn't even have raised an
eyebrow over there. That is more important to me than any amount if
content. I don't need any childish power trips by self-important,
untalented, authority wannabes. I had enough of that with 30 years in
the FAA.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.