Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - the fun and games of "upgrading" (computerwise)

charlieb wrote in news:482877DC.1879
@accesscom.com:

I THINK I've got this figured out - but this message will confirm
that - or not. This will be my 2,608th attempt to post to
this group. Once again my fingers are crossed.

If you find a computer - and software compatible with it - that
does what you want it to do, and come to know it and the
software you've acquired for it like the back of your hand,
there's a tendency to stick with it - while the rest of the
world moves on.

*snip*

Still haven't got my "old" capabilities working
on the New Computer but I THINK I've recovered
them on the Old Computer. Only this post will
tell the tale.

charlie b
crossing his fingers as he clicks on "Send Now"
- and whispering "please, please, please work"

Good luck, charlie b! I'm typing this on my week-and-a-half old
computer. For me it wasn't switching from classic Mac OS to OS X, it was
going from XP to Vista. Vista has made improvements, but I've got to
find everything again.

My previous computer was 4 1/2 years old, and it's going to be
reformatted and passed on to my mother, who's laptop is 5 and starting to
develop screen issues. Those hinges aren't made to withstand 5 years of
opening and closing...

Puckdropper