Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] wpflumus@yahoo.com is offline

Default Can a hip roof be done in tin??

Does anyone know if a hip roof can be done in tin? Specifically the
type of tin that has three ridges lengthwise? At some point in the
next couple of years I'll have to replace the roof on my parents
house, my family will be living in it by then, and I was thinking
about using tin so with routine maintanance I should never have to
replace it again in my lifetime. My biggest concern are the hips??
where the roof planes meet, with shingles you just cut in half and
layer up after you've finished two adjoining sides but what do you do
with a tin roof??

Bill