Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Decent wood stain that actually penetrates the wood???

On May 11, 10:15*pm, Calab wrote:
I have a pressure treated front porch (about 6'x20') and a cedar rear
deck (12'x12') that I can NOT get looking decent.

I've tried staining them, hoping that the stain will soak into the wood
and not wear like paint would do, but no luck. In less than a year the
traffic patterns on both decks are very clearly evident.

I plan on sanding and doing something with them this year, but I can't
decide on just what to do.

What can I do to stain the wood instead of simply coating it?

--
Fight Usenet Spam!!! -http://improve-usenet.org:80/

Want a good newsgroup reader that will filter out GoogleGroups spam?
Try MesNews -http://www.mesnews.net/gb/

If you want your posts to be seen, DON'T USE GOOGLE GROUPS!

Staining them with what? Deck stain doesnt last long in general but
Consumer Reports has had an ongoing test for maybe 8? years that will
tell you what they have found to be best.