Posted to alt.home.repair
PHIL PHIL is offline

Default Any lawnmower experts here? ( cotter pin )

(PHIL) wrote:
Quick question, hope some kind person has the answer-

Just picked up a new mower at Sears today. Sear Craftsman #917.377121
Self-propelled, key-start, variable speed EZ walk. 21" Hi-vac 3-1 cut
system.

When I unpacked the mower I found a cotter pin lying at the bottom of the
box. I've looked all over the mower, top, sides, and underneath and
can't find where the pin should go. Any ideas?

THANKS, PHIL

I should add the pin is just shy of 1&1/2" in length. Doesn't look like it
secures the handle to the mower deck, just bolts there. I'll look under the
deck again tomorrow. Its raining today ...