Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any lawnmower experts here? ( cotter pin )

Quick question, hope some kind person has the answer-

Just picked up a new mower at Sears today. Sear Craftsman #917.377121
Self-propelled, key-start, variable speed EZ walk. 21" Hi-vac 3-1 cut
system.

When I unpacked the mower I found a cotter pin lying at the bottom of the
box. I've looked all over the mower, top, sides, and underneath and can't
find where the pin should go. Any ideas?

THANKS, PHIL
Posted to alt.home.repair

PHIL wrote:
Quick question, hope some kind person has the answer-

Just picked up a new mower at Sears today. Sear Craftsman #917.377121
Self-propelled, key-start, variable speed EZ walk. 21" Hi-vac 3-1 cut
system.

When I unpacked the mower I found a cotter pin lying at the bottom of the
box. I've looked all over the mower, top, sides, and underneath and can't
find where the pin should go. Any ideas?

THANKS, PHIL

Reminds me of a comment I read where some comedian said after you put
your barbecue grill together, you're left with a handful of important
looking parts.

If your mower works, forget about it
Posted to alt.home.repair

PHIL wrote:

Quick question, hope some kind person has the answer-

Just picked up a new mower at Sears today. Sear Craftsman #917.377121
Self-propelled, key-start, variable speed EZ walk. 21" Hi-vac 3-1 cut
system.

When I unpacked the mower I found a cotter pin lying at the bottom of the
box. I've looked all over the mower, top, sides, and underneath and can't
find where the pin should go. Any ideas?

THANKS, PHIL

Axle? The thingy that moves the whatchamacallit?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"PHIL" wrote in message
Quick question, hope some kind person has the answer-

Just picked up a new mower at Sears today. Sear Craftsman #917.377121
Self-propelled, key-start, variable speed EZ walk. 21" Hi-vac 3-1 cut
system.

When I unpacked the mower I found a cotter pin lying at the bottom of the
box. I've looked all over the mower, top, sides, and underneath and can't
find where the pin should go. Any ideas?

THANKS, PHIL

Can not help with that.

Last week I bought a tiller from them and wish I had checked it out beter.
After using it about 5 minuits, the drive belt came loose. Put it on and 30
seconds later it came back off. Found 3 of the 4 mounting bolts for the
motor missing. The 4 th was loose. Found one nut and bolt in the garden.
Then found one nut in the back of my truck. Very poor quality control.

Posted to alt.home.repair

PHIL wrote:
Quick question, hope some kind person has the answer-

Just picked up a new mower at Sears today. Sear Craftsman #917.377121
Self-propelled, key-start, variable speed EZ walk. 21" Hi-vac 3-1 cut
system.

When I unpacked the mower I found a cotter pin lying at the bottom of the
box. I've looked all over the mower, top, sides, and underneath and can't
find where the pin should go. Any ideas?

THANKS, PHIL

Hmmm if it was on the ground would that be a "Terra Cotta"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 May 2008 09:08:17 +0800, Rheilly Phoull
you wrote:

PHIL wrote:
Quick question, hope some kind person has the answer-

Just picked up a new mower at Sears today. Sear Craftsman #917.377121
Self-propelled, key-start, variable speed EZ walk. 21" Hi-vac 3-1 cut
system.

When I unpacked the mower I found a cotter pin lying at the bottom of the
box. I've looked all over the mower, top, sides, and underneath and can't
find where the pin should go. Any ideas?

THANKS, PHIL

Hmmm if it was on the ground would that be a "Terra Cotta"

If you lost it and then found it again, it would be a "Welcome Back
Cotta".

And of course, if it were for White House use, a "Jimmy Cotta".

Posted to alt.home.repair

you wrote:
PHIL wrote:
Quick question, hope some kind person has the answer-

Just picked up a new mower at Sears today. Sear Craftsman #917.377121
Self-propelled, key-start, variable speed EZ walk. 21" Hi-vac 3-1 cut
system.

When I unpacked the mower I found a cotter pin lying at the bottom of the
box. *I've looked all over the mower, top, sides, and underneath and can't
find where the pin should go. Any ideas?

THANKS, PHIL

Hmmm if it was on the ground would that be a "Terra Cotta"

If you lost it and then found it again, it would be a "Welcome Back
Cotta".

And of course, if it were for *White House use, a "Jimmy Cotta".

I think the pin said to the mower "See ya...cotta go"