CyBrShRk

Default Plans needed: Ugly garage shelves

I was looking at those plastic kits in Lowe's a few weeks back for
some basement shelving. Makes it nice and easy for sure, but at almost
$20 for a set of 6 I found that too steep for basic storage shelving.
Now those Simpson tie items mentioned earlier look interesting.
Wondering how much they cost though, will have to check that out.

(tim collins) wrote in message . com...
couple of months ago I saw a solution to this problem at the Home
Despot. They had several plastic "corners" in a kit that were sized to
take standard 2x4 lumber. The plastic "corners" held the 2x4s into
upright, horizontal and "shelf" locations, and could be glued/screwed
to the 2x4. Size/spacing was up to you.

tim

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message ...
Strange as it sounds, I'm having a devil of a time finding plans for some
basic floorstanding garage shelves. Spacing between shelves needs to be big
enough to store medium-sized U-Haul boxes and other big stuff, and I don't
care how ugly they are, as long as they're strong. Screw assembly is
preferable to nails, because I'll be moving within the next couple of years
and would like to be able to disassemble them. Can anyone provide a web
link, or the name & author of a book that's useful? My public library hasn't
been much help.
-Doug