Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Lending library for tools

Dan Musicant ) wrote in
:

On Mon, 05 May 2008 07:20:41 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

:In article ,
: "Bill" wrote:
:
:
: Anyway I think it is a good idea. Might get more people yes for
: libraries if they also provide services for the non-book readers.
:
:Like what? Eyeglass prescriptions? Auto insurance? A cosmetics
:counter? I thought a library was a place that loaned books. Why does
:it need to offer anything to the illiterate?

Open minded? Even bookworms do not live by books alone.

but non-education services/"tool loans" should be done by private
business,not government.
It employs people;they and the businesses pay taxes that go towards needed
community services like police,fire,schools.....

Government should NOT be competing with businesses.
And gov't is inefficient.It should be as small as possible.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik