Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet[_2_] James Sweet[_2_] is offline

Default APC Smart-UPS does nothing after non-use

Brian wrote:
Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 10 May 2008 07:42:57 -0500, Brian wrote:

You might try to charge the batteries with a conventional charger or
variable power supply for an hour or so at a low current then replace
them
in the unit.

Thanks, I'll give it a try! I have a one-amp 12V trickle charger that I
use for cars. Will let y'all know what happens, on Tuesday or so.

Otherwise, I see cheapee replacement batteries on eBay, ~$40 delivered
for the needed two batteries.

-Brian

Beware cheap Chinese knockoff batteries, they've been known to fail
quickly and/or leak.