Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Herber Paul Herber is offline

Default Monday at Lidl

On Sat, 10 May 2008 11:16:10 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

In article , Alan
writes

I wish a lot more shops would do this. It may come as a culture shock
to those who waste other peoples time packing bags at the till

I don't. I pack and get out of the way quickly. Wish others would
though. It's not hard to do.

Another culture change required. Bring your own bags.

Why not just leave the boxes out, then no bags are needed? And the
boxes can go into recycling afterward.

Some time ago my local Raitwose stopped providing boxes, I asked about
this and was told
a. they were considered a fire risk
b. if the boxes were provided to customers then Raitwose couldn't
guarantee that they would be recycled and they would miss their
targets.

The boxes have reappeared now.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.