Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default Monday at Lidl

In message , Mike Tomlinson
wrote

What really irritates me, though is the tills - you can't pack
your goods at the till, you're expected to take them to the tables near
the exit.

I wish a lot more shops would do this. It may come as a culture shock
to those who waste other peoples time packing bags at the till but it is
a sensible approach to quick customer service. The staff at my local
Aldi can get 5 trolley loads of goods through the till faster than the
local Tesco can get five customers through the 10 items or less line!

The staff don't waste time at the tills spend servicing those 'club'
vouchers and giving out those 'crap for schools worth 0.001p' vouchers.

They also collect empty boxes and hide them very quickly so
you can't use them as an alternative to the plastic carrier bags, which
are charged for at 9p a time.

Another culture change required. Bring your own bags. I've always got
some heavy duty plastic bags in the back of my car. They cost £1 each
and have lasted 3 years so far.

Soon every supermarket will be withdrawing free bags and the 9p charged
by Aldi/Lidl for their heavy duty carrier bags will seem rather cheap
(they do cheaper carrier bags)

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com