Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Monday at Lidl

In article ,
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
I do have a look around the local Aldi and Lidl from time to time, but
my over-riding impression is that they are no cheaper than anywhere
else. What really irritates me, though is the tills - you can't pack
your goods at the till, you're expected to take them to the tables near
the exit.

Not at any of the Lidl I've visited. But I quite approve of the idea -
waiting in a queue while someone in front faffs about packing is plain
stupid. At Lidl I put everything straight back in the trolley and pack at
the car.

They also collect empty boxes and hide them very quickly so
you can't use them as an alternative to the plastic carrier bags, which
are charged for at 9p a time.

You don't have any bags at home you can take with you?

--
*Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.