Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default coffee cup (mug) warmer

On May 9, 11:36*am, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
Running it on 240V would double the wattage (assuming you are now on 120V)
but it also would likely burn out the element.

* * Google *or Frank would appear to be your best answer.

"Frank Thompson" wrote in message

Been unable to locate *25 watt one. All the new ones which have little
more than half that wattage don't keep coffee hot enough for me. *My
old Dazey 25 watt one did a great job, but it died. * What controls
wattage? *Would like to convert one of the new
lower wattage ones to 25 watts. What would I have to replace to do
that?

--
Joseph Meehan

*Dia 's Muire duit

Never realised that coffe was such a dangerous substance!
But by the way; DOUBLING THE VOLTAGE!
Doubling the voltage (of a resistive device such as a heater) will
also double the current.
Twice the voltage and twice the current will result in FOUR Times the
wattage!!!!
Absolutely basic Ohm's Law; ....... Volts times Amps = Watts