Posted to alt.home.repair

Default coffee cup (mug) warmer

Been unable to locate 25 watt one. All the new ones which have little
more than half that wattage don't keep coffee hot enough for me. My
old Dazey 25 watt one did a great job, but it died. What controls
wattage? Would like to convert one of the new
lower wattage ones to 25 watts. What would I have to replace to do
that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 5/9/2008 6:46 AM Frank Thompson said the following:
Been unable to locate 25 watt one. All the new ones which have little
more than half that wattage don't keep coffee hot enough for me. My
old Dazey 25 watt one did a great job, but it died. What controls
wattage? Would like to convert one of the new
lower wattage ones to 25 watts. What would I have to replace to do
that?

The cup.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank,

Most likely the heating element determines the wattage. I'm guessing that
you have a mini hot plate so it would be difficult to upgrade the wattage. I
looked around on the net and most of these ot plates don't have a wattage on
their ads. You could try a bigger hot plate such as those designed for a
carafe.
And of course there's the microwave oven or sterno.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank Thompson" wrote in message
Been unable to locate 25 watt one. All the new ones which have little
more than half that wattage don't keep coffee hot enough for me. My
old Dazey 25 watt one did a great job, but it died. What controls
wattage? Would like to convert one of the new
lower wattage ones to 25 watts. What would I have to replace to do
that?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bakers-Hea...0337868&sr=8-1

This one rated at 24 watts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Running it on 240V would double the wattage (assuming you are now on
120V) but it also would likely burn out the element.

Google or Frank would appear to be your best answer.

"Frank Thompson" wrote in message
Been unable to locate 25 watt one. All the new ones which have little
more than half that wattage don't keep coffee hot enough for me. My
old Dazey 25 watt one did a great job, but it died. What controls
wattage? Would like to convert one of the new
lower wattage ones to 25 watts. What would I have to replace to do
that?

Doubling the voltage would increase the power by a factor of four
(P=(E)squared/R) because it is a square law function.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank Thompson wrote:

Been unable to locate 25 watt one. All the new ones which have little
more than half that wattage don't keep coffee hot enough for me. My
old Dazey 25 watt one did a great job, but it died. What controls
wattage? Would like to convert one of the new
lower wattage ones to 25 watts. What would I have to replace to do
that?

Those things make me nervous. I bought one with two safeties, a switch that
turns it off if the weight of the coffee cup is removed, and a timer that
lets it run only so long even if there is a cup in place. But a CD case on
my desk ended up leaning up against the cup warmer when there was a mug on
it, melted the case and the CD all to hell, made me wonder. So now if I'm
going to take awhile to drink some coffee I'll just put it in an insulated
mug, less worrying.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 9, 8:46 am, George wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
Running it on 240V would double the wattage (assuming you are now on
120V) but it also would likely burn out the element.

Google or Frank would appear to be your best answer.

"Frank Thompson" wrote in message
Been unable to locate 25 watt one. All the new ones which have little
more than half that wattage don't keep coffee hot enough for me. My
old Dazey 25 watt one did a great job, but it died. What controls
wattage? Would like to convert one of the new
lower wattage ones to 25 watts. What would I have to replace to do
that?

Doubling the voltage would increase the power by a factor of four
(P=(E)squared/R) because it is a square law function.

The base equation is P=IE
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 9, 11:36*am, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
Running it on 240V would double the wattage (assuming you are now on 120V)
but it also would likely burn out the element.

* * Google *or Frank would appear to be your best answer.

"Frank Thompson" wrote in message

Been unable to locate *25 watt one. All the new ones which have little
more than half that wattage don't keep coffee hot enough for me. *My
old Dazey 25 watt one did a great job, but it died. * What controls
wattage? *Would like to convert one of the new
lower wattage ones to 25 watts. What would I have to replace to do
that?

--
Joseph Meehan

*Dia 's Muire duit

Never realised that coffe was such a dangerous substance!
But by the way; DOUBLING THE VOLTAGE!
Doubling the voltage (of a resistive device such as a heater) will
also double the current.
Twice the voltage and twice the current will result in FOUR Times the
wattage!!!!
Absolutely basic Ohm's Law; ....... Volts times Amps = Watts
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You are confusing two equation he P=IE (power or Watts) and E=IR
(Ohm's Law, volts=current x resistance)

Is there a towel warmer that works? Aaron Fude Home Repair 18 November 27th 07 07:25 PM
Warmer upstairs vs. downstairs synergy3000 Home Repair 4 May 31st 06 06:00 AM
one room warmer stevie Home Repair 2 August 27th 05 09:53 PM
food warmer Andy Leavens Woodworking 2 January 7th 05 04:29 PM