Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Keeley Terry Keeley is offline

Default Titanium Alloys?

Thanks much, I did look at Harvey Titanium and may just make some calls...

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 08:48:28 -0400, "Terry Keeley" tkee(no
wrote:

Thanks for the reply, but no, I need to put a slight bend in it, just need
it to be stronger than the annealed stuff I have.

Found out the "other" alloys (662, 6242, 6246) harden better than good 'ol
6-4, so I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.matweb.com/search/DataShe...D=14246&ckck=1

Tensile way up there and quite a bit harder too. Turns out that finding
heat-treated Ti isn't that easy, most of the robot places and surplus on
e-bay only have annealed.

Anyone have any idea where to fin a small amount of 0.025-0.030" hardened
sheet?

No idea, but I would try being honest with some of the big
suppliers and see if they might help. Just send out some
email explaining what you what to try and the application
for it and see what happens. Sometimes these places will
help the little guy out.

I found this place that seems to have something like what
you want:

http://www.harveytitanium.com/produc...2Sn4Zr2Mo.aspx

I think this place is related to the previous:

http://www.rolledalloys.com/trc/6Al2Sn4Zr2Mo.aspx

and a ThomasNet search:

http://www.thomasnet.com/products/fo...0870257-1.html

Good luck...