Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Installed ceiling fan but breaker keeps tripping

wrote in message
I have replaced all the lighting and ceiling fans with no problem,
except in my room. I have tried to put in another ceiling fan and
there is a spark and the breaker trips. Do I have to call an
electrician?

You will need to re-open the connection box in the fan and re-examin the
connections that you made. It's obvious that you have a short and it may be
readily seen by a blackened or melted connector. If nothing is obvious you
*will* have to call an electrician. Good luck.