Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default wood fence gate not plumb

On May 9, 3:51*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,

*"HeyBub" wrote:
MiamiCuse wrote:
I had a wood fence built and the fence gates are not lined up. *The
fence was built six months ago and after some rain and sun now the
problem magnified.

If the posts are absolutely vertical and it's the gates themselves that are
warped, you can use turnbuckles to bring them back straight.

I don't hold much long term hope for that process unless you leave the
turnbuckles in place.

Go for 1" angle iron (or similar) and bolt it as a diagonal on the gates..

OP said that one of the posts is not plumb. I think that's a synonym for
vertical.

OP said that one of the posts is not plumb.

Actually, OP said that *both* posts are not plumb.

"The fence posts are not plumb when you stand at the gate opening and
look left and right. One tilt forward a bit and one tilt backward a
bit."