Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Monday at Lidl

On Fri, 9 May 2008 20:54:03 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

It amuses me greatly that as soon as somebody places a post mentioning
that there is some great offer in one of these places that within
millseconds there are 50 messages on the thread,

I really can't see why people get excited at all about shopping, as if
it's some sort of pastime. 'Retail therapy', or something, isn't it?
I shop when there's something I need, or specifically want (to play
with, for example).

I truly feel sorry for youngsters dragged around shopping malls by
their parents during bank 'holidays', instead of taking part in proper
leisure or cultural activities.

--
Frank Erskine