Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default DIY Weed Killer (Effective Stuff)

In article , ARWadworth
writes

"fred" wrote in message ...

Thanks for the extra info, it seems if used carefully it is not as bad as
I thought. I was a bit worried too about leeching and spread into
adjoining areas and plan to still keep it off banks above planted borders.

I know someone who used several tubs of sodium chlorate that was mixed to a
very high concentration (ie just enought water to dissolve the stuff) and
was able to kill his neighbours conifers without damaging his own copper
beech trees that stood a few feet away. You need the ground soil to be damp,
make some holes around the conifer's trunk using 15mm copper and then pour
in the mixture.

That's a surprise, thanks for the info.

BTW, was it a feud or a favour?
--