Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default wet room - how to?

On 2008-05-09 11:00:32 +0100, "Man at B&Q" said:

That is achieved by the slope in the floor and appropriate drain position.

The floor is still wet, even if most of the standing water has drained
away.

Correct choice of ventilation, heating and tiles ensures that this is a
non-issue.

The shower cubicle and curtain idea has only arisen in the UK

If that's true then it's been well copied around the world.

Really?

I don't think I've been in a place with a shower curtain outside the UK
for a good five years. Glass screens, possibly, but not curtains.

Shower curtains are revolting things - almost as revolting as bathroom carpet.