Charlie Self

Default Country Mouse - City Mouse: A Reply To Scott Cramer.

Nahmie responds:

Reminds me of a Wall Street Journal TV commercial they were running oh, say,
3-4 years ago about the orphaned twins separated and adopted, one by a
family who hunted & fished, read Field & Stream, etc. The other was adopted
by a family who taught him to read what else? The Wall Street Journal, and
when they grew up he was a great financial success, while his brother still
lived @ home with his parents, still reading fishing magazines.

The whole concept really burned my A**,

That kind of goofiness abounds. Do it my way and you're a super person. Do it
another way, and you're a failure (especially financial). My bias: I don't hunt
and fish. No real reason, except that growing up it didn't interest me, and now
my wheels are so bad, they wouldn't take me far enough into the woods to help.
But the best friend I've ever had is an avid shooter, hunter and was almost
world class in fly fishing (did some super fly tying to, back in the "old days"
when he augmented his freelance writing income tying flies for Abercrombie &
Fitch).

It is stupid to limit oneself because of such asinine differences when there is
even the possibility of other interests that coincide with exceptional
strength.

Charlie Self

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the
people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent
and sudden usurpations."
James Madison