Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default striiping copper wire

On May 8, 1:55*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'm facing the same question. I got a couple hundred pounds of BX wire.
Found I could pull the wire from about two feet sections, not much longer
than that. Makes for a lot of work.

I'm sure the wire is worth more, if you pull the copper out. But is the
labor worth the extra money? I'm not sure. A friend of mine who handles junk
says not.

Call the wrecking yards around you. One offered me next to nothing, another
wrecking yard offered me money for the BX. I'll take it in tomorrow, hope
they actually pay out.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Is it worth it to strip bx cable(2 wire, and ground sheilded with
metal casing) as opposed to bringing it to the scrap yard unstripped.
Will I get more money if it is stripped.

Have you priced what scrap clean copper is going for? Your time isn't
worth a couple hundred bucks?

Harry K