Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default water heater problem

wrote in news:6a0cf547-abda-44f3-8aad-7f9f67333e78
@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

We have a water heater which is mounted on a small (2") stand. We
noticed water pooling up around the base. The cold incoming pipe has
a lot of condensation and we don't see any leaks out of the heater,
but the base if totally filled with water. The area around the
element appears dry. Does anyone have any ideas how we could see if
this is just accumulated condensation and/or clean it out to see if
the tank is actually leaking?

Any low humidity/cool days forcast where the pipe would not be sweating. If
you got water then, it's not condensation.