Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Vinyl Windows - Cost ???

On May 8, 6:16*pm, wrote:
I'm in the midwest US and looking to replace my aluminum windows with
vinyl custom-made argon low-e. *I don't know pricing - can anyone help
with a guesstimate on window price with installation for a roughly 4'
x 4' opening ? *Remove the old aluminum, haul it away, install new
custom-sized vinyl and caulk it.

Or, if you have specifics - a custom vinyl window with a pane in the
middle and sliders on each side, opening is 8' wide and 20" tall.

House is brick. *Vinyl windows are considered high-end for this
neighborhood.

I don't mind paying for a decent job but I got nothing to go on and
it's a PITA to get quotes.

Windows and doors are not made to a standard or made equal, there is
the cheap stuff thats cheap, and then the good stuff that insulates,
seals wind and lasts. www.energystar.gov might start you in a
direction to learn about what you want. Midwest-cold winters, hot
summers, the best glass will pay for itself. Or I can give you joe
hacks number he will do it for 100, they wont leak till the check
clears.