Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] roger61611@yahoo.com is offline

Default Vinyl Windows - Cost ???

On May 8, 7:45*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

I'm in the midwest US and looking to replace my aluminum windows with
vinyl custom-made argon low-e. *I don't know pricing - can anyone help
with a guesstimate on window price with installation for a roughly 4'
x 4' opening ? *Remove the old aluminum, haul it away, install new
custom-sized vinyl and caulk it.

Or, if you have specifics - a custom vinyl window with a pane in the
middle and sliders on each side, opening is 8' wide and 20" tall.

House is brick. *Vinyl windows are considered high-end for this
neighborhood.

I don't mind paying for a decent job but I got nothing to go on and
it's a PITA to get quotes.

After people give you pricing, what will you do next?

Then I will get quotes. I have one quote but I don't know how to
gauge it, it seems higher than what I've read in this forum. I don't
want to drag other companies out here and waste their time and mine
without having some info on my side.

Also if anyone knows a replacement cost on an 8' wide sliding patio
door. Big box stores don't sell that size so I'd like to get a
guesstimate.