Posted to alt.home.repair
sid sid is offline

Default breaker box cover

On May 7, 1:47*pm, Joe wrote:
On May 3, 1:32*pm, sid wrote:

I need a breaker box cover the will fit the existing box, *but now
that the wall has been finished the wall is about 1 -1.5" out in front
of the box. * Where can I find a box cover that will fit the box but
the flange be in front of the wall ?

Thanks

Sid.

After reading through all the sage advice and implacable code
requirements in this thread, seems to me serious remounting of this
electrical service is in order. Given those parameters, I would remove
a section of drywall sufficient to access the rear of the panel and
install spacers behind it to permit mounting the regular flush cover.
Most panels are only held in with four screws and sliding a 12"
nominal 2 x 2 horizontally top and bottom behind the box should bring
it perfectly flush to the drywall. There should be no problem with
entering wire runs with this small movement. Including drywall
repairs, it should only take two or three hours for the job for most
competent handymen. HTH

Joe

The feeders from outside are in rigid conduit (1.5 – 2”), not to
mention all the 1/2" conduit that would have to move.
You would attempt to move all that stuff ?