Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default DIY Weed Killer (Effective Stuff)

In message 482335be@qaanaaq, Andy Hall writes
On 2008-05-08 18:06:31 +0100, "Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
said:

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

All ideas welcome.
Biodiesel, seriously.

There's one I hadn't come across.
Does it kill to the root or just wither & die to re-grow?
Would regular paraffin do the same job I wonder as I still have a
few gallons left in the tank from the the days our shop was a
hardware store.

What's the objective?

Do you just want to kill the dandelions or nuke all vegetation?

If it's to nuke everything, then sodium chlorate.

If you want to be selective, then a glyphosate weedkiller is the usual choice.

Umm... Glyphosate is intended to kill grasses which it does very
effectively. There are some weeds which are largely unaffected.

regards

--
Tim Lamb