Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Tim Hortons fires an employee over one TimBit.

On Thu, 8 May 2008 09:24:14 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"Lee Michaels" wrote

This is exactly the kind of thing that is discussed in business schools.

... and "business schools" are arguably at the root of many such problems.

I'll have to respectfully disagree on this point, although things may
have changed since I was in business school.

The emphasis was and, I believe, still is on "leading". rather than
"managing" to some set of strict rules. It was often emphasized that
if the rules were perfect, required no judgement, then there is no
need for a manager. Leading requires judgement within an environment
of consistency. Subordinates, as a group, are comfortable with a
proper "judgement" that fits the situation, much more so than strict
adherence to a rule when it is nonsense.

I doubt that the three supervisors went to business school. If they
did, they need to go back for a refresher course.

Managers are a dime a dozen. Leaders are hard to make or find.

I see that she was rehired?

Frank