Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default Who's in love with their string trimmer?

On May 6, 2:06*pm, (Dave Martindale) wrote:
writes:
Weedeater, gas powered, paid $65. *Running since 1992. *Rechargeable
models are just too weak and who wants to play with a cord? *

If you have a cord-powered electric lawnmower, you've already got the
cord out, and it's already long enough to reach all of the corners of
your lawn, so a cord-powered electric trimmer makes sense. *That's what
I have, and I prefer it to gas lawnmower/trimmer for the small lawns that
we currently have.

For larger or complicated lawns, where a cord would be too much of a
pain, I'd switch to gas-powered for both. *But for a small simple lawn,
I prefer the lower maintenance of corded electric equipment. *(When I
was still a teen and living at home, we always had 2 or 3 gas
lawnmowers, and cut our lawn, our grandmother's, and our uncle's lawn.
I have plenty of experience with gas mowers).

* * * * Dave

I have to agree with you Dave. I have an electric mower, electric
trimmer, and electric blower. I pull the cord out with the mower,
mow, edge, and trim all in about 30 minutes. I prefer them for two
very good reasons. First is the noise factor and the second is the
SMELL. I hated haveing to end up smelling like a mixture of gas and
oil every time I did the yard. I have had gas versions of all of the
above and gave them away when I bought the electric. The cord can be
a bit of a pain when mowing but once you get down the right pattern,
it goes quickly.