Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default CFL vs Incandescent

On 05/06/08 06:40 am News wrote:

In about 102 fixtures/lamps in my home I have installed 68 CFL's. Some were
installed in 1998. Thus far I have had a total of 2 failures. The failures
were CFL's installed in 1998 and left on 24/7. Will be replacing more as
incandescent's fail.

When we moved into this house in Nov 2003, we replaced most of the bulbs
by Sylvania CFLs. Many of those have had to be replaced already; some
emitted "cooked electronics" smells at the end.

I'm going to go easy on the CFLs and hope that LEDs become more widely
available.

Perce