Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Sound proofing/deading

On May 5, 5:23*pm, (K Y) wrote:
My husband and I recently moved into a new home. We love the house. But
it sits next to a steep hill to one side. We're thinking of planting a
row or 2 of evergreens, I thinkg they're called abortives..? to help
screen the road noise.

We're also going to add the thickest type of curtain we can find. But
I'm mostly hoping *the evergrees will help a great deal not only with
privacey but with cutting the noise in half.?
Any one have such a vegatative screen and does it help..?
Thanks.

A sheet of Acrilic-plexiglass attached to the window will do the most,
carpet and the correct furniture and rug wall hangings will absorb
sound. But now im sure it warm and you need fresh air.