Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tbasc@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Sound proofing/deading

On May 5, 6:23*pm, (K Y) wrote:
My husband and I recently moved into a new home. We love the house. But
it sits next to a steep hill to one side. We're thinking of planting a
row or 2 of evergreens, I thinkg they're called abortives..? to help
screen the road noise.

We're also going to add the thickest type of curtain we can find. But
I'm mostly hoping *the evergrees will help a great deal not only with
privacey but with cutting the noise in half.?
Any one have such a vegatative screen and does it help..?
Thanks.

We have a porch that 'screens' the second floor effectively.
Our third floor, without porch gets much more street noise.

Can you build a deck or similar structure between you and the road?