Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tbasc@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Cedar or PT wood

On May 5, 7:09*pm, jim wrote:
Support posts for my covered porch. Damp area that gets little
sunlight but lots of snow / thaw. Posts will be bracketed above the
concrete. Cedar or pressure treated? I'm a senior and don't want to do
this again. Cedar is almost 3x the price of PT around here. And one
other question if I may - the posts are going on existing concrete. I
plan on boring a hole in center to accept the bracket for the post. Is
there a caulking type adhesive that can hold the bracket lag in or do
I go with hydraulic (sp) cement?

Thanks

You might look at some of the 'manufactured' wood products.
I would use treated southern yellow pine.