Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Lending library for tools

pipedown wrote:
Okay good input but how do they keep costs in check. I imagine most tools
are donated but what about maintenance. When a tool breaks or needs
sharpning (for example) who pays for it? Do they have tool volunteers or is
the library staff expected to do that too.

I'm sure it's part of the operating budget of the library. Oakland is a
large enough municipality in a high-tax 'n spend environment it's
undoubtedly peanuts in the city/county budgets for the libraries, anyway.

Small community, no tools (and doubt if would ever try it), but about
everything in the way of mainstream alternate media--books on tape,
CD/DVD, video, etc., etc. On Foundation board; it's City, not County so
as county resident not eligible to sit on library board itself,
unfortunately.

High percentage of popular fiction, of course, but good selection of
most genres; virtually any title available through inter-library loan at
no cost to patron.