Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default permanent connection of propane grill to city gas?

"Robert Neville" wrote in message

"Colbyt" wrote:

BlueRhino for one will even give you a tank that can not be
refilled elsewhere.

How do they enforce that? It's been a few years since I was forced to use
them,
but the last time I exchanged a tank it had the same valve as a standard
tank
and they plastered the "You Own It" banner all over the tank.

Only a certain % of the tanks can not be refilled. When they need to
replace the OPD valve they replace it with one that needs special tools in
order to be filled.

So if you must use these bad guys get the newest tank or the oldest looking
valve.

They also re-certify the older tanks so some of the smucks at Home Cheapo
and Slows trade in a brand new tank for one that may be near the EOL 17 year
period.

Be you can't tell what I think of their business plan.

Colbyt