Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Foot controls

On Mon, 05 May 2008 12:02:41 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 05 May 2008 10:41:16 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 5 May 2008 01:54:46 -0800, "SteveB"
toquerville,utah@zionvistas wrote:

I have two of the Singer sewing machine foot speed controls. Would these
work on a drill press? I guess one would just wire them directly to the
cord. Yes? No? Definitely? Maybe?

Yes, if your drillpress is powered by a sewing machine motor. I have
one like that, a little Cameron MicroDrill.

Ooooo!!! You have a Cameron????? Way cool!

Neat little things.

It is! Model 164, still in production I think. Age indeterminate --
it belonged to a friend's dad who was an independent machinist in LA
for many years, retired in the late '60's. It needs a new belt.
Probably available from Cameron if I'd ever remember to call 'em and
ask about it.

I use it for drilling circuitboards with small carbide bits.