Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default OT..... Fuel Efficient Vehicle Recommendations

On Sun, 04 May 2008 12:58:17 -0700, ransley wrote:

On May 4, 2:31Â*pm, komobu wrote:
Hi;

I have an 2006 vehicle with a V-6 in it that only gets about 18 MPG in
the city. I
don't do a whole lot of highway driving and have put 16,000 miles on it
over the last year. I am thinking about trading it for something more
practical. I am looking for something less than $20k with an automatic
trans that gets 30+ mpg.

Any recommendations as to what I should check?

Thanks
Pat

30+ city limits you to something like a Corolla or a Hybrid, a Ford
Escape SUV hybrid might do 34 city, or a Camry, but I dont know prices

Pat needs to consider the total cost per mile. While going from 19 mpg
to 30+ mpg is appealing not factoring in the extra costs of the new
vehicle including higher insurance would be a mistake.