Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Garbage disposal problem

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote

If I could have one, I would get a huge amount of use from a disposal.
We've had one in every other home we've owned except for this one, where
we
are on a septic system. It was recommended we not use one with septic.
We've only lived here a year and a half, and I'm already sick of plate
scrapings, peelings, and other food waste instead of a quick swish down
the
disposal.

We barely use ours. Instead, we have those simple mesh pocket shaped items
you put over the drain. They get dumped than put in the dishwasher (I have
4 of them so can rotate 2 out to dishwasher each time we do a load.

I have also a sink unit called
Over-the-Sink Strainer
Bought at jcpenny.com. As I think your address is not munged, I used their
link to email the product description to you. It's very well made and no
muss, no fuss. Just flip it over and use the sink sprayer to clean most
stuff right out. Loads just fine in the top of the dishwasher. (use the top
due to the rubber handles please). The picture will not tell you but the
'handles' extend quite a bit so you adjust it to the sink.